The Love That Lasted Forever The Love That Lasted Forever

It must have been a pretty sad love, but I appreciate the odd time signature. There's not much musicality, but you shat together a decent tune, but maybe I'm biased because I like jazz, prog rock and all those things with odd time signatures and decreased ninths.

Rainy Rainy

Considering you started writing this as an emo song, it sure sounds more like GYBE meets 70s prog rock than American Football, but I can definitely hear where you come from, there IS some emo in it, and it's a damn good blend. I really like how you mixed every cymbal to create that atmosphere, must have taken a lot of work! How did you record the drums? Because it is masterful!

SineRider responds:

Thanks for the review! Yeah I definitely grabbed a lot of different styles for this track haha. The drums are just a Kontakt pack but I played them in on a midi drum kit

Hire me for your birthday 1 Hire me for your birthday 1

The highest achievements of ambient music, sonicscapes that Brian Eno and Robert Fripp have been wanting for decades, and you're here, offering your art for two pennies. I hope you find yourself, and your crack.

Typewriter - Dreams From Typewriter - Dreams From

Punk??

It's weird listening to a punk song on newgrounds, people usually do emo stuff and love based melocrap. That's good, I like it.

DreamsfromGin responds:

Loud, fast and a little messy.

Coma: Red Wind Theme Coma: Red Wind Theme

I find it magnificent

It kind of reminds me of My Pain by Triptykon, which is a good thing, I love this psychedelic-acoustic ambient feeling.

EphMus18June2010Water&Glass EphMus18June2010Water&Glass

I like this too!

I honestly don't think they are so badly recorded. You should make an album with all your Ephemeral Music, it would be amazing! Sounds a bit Canterbury-like, I love them!

AlexDaniels responds:

Thanks a lot, you're very encouraging!
I'm choosing my favorite Ephemeral Music of every month to post here and in other places, and I'm planning to use those selected ones to make a 12-track album every year.
If you're interested you can go to alexdaniels.blogspot.com to check out the unlucky, filtered-out EphMus tunes.
Thanks again, such positive feedback really helps me :)

EphMus12May2010 EphMus12May2010

I like it a lot!

Very folkloristic and particular, I also loved the amazing coin percussion! You got some talent!

AlexDaniels responds:

Thank you very much! Cheers! :)

2 Hours to Go 2 Hours to Go

Nice chords

Guitars were drop C'd, or something like this, very deep sounds anyway. Chords were not very simple, they were full of notes, pretty complex, and I also liked the shoegazer touch you gave it, I mean reverb and chorus FX. Nice, atmospheric and kind of dark, a right mix of hard rock and kosmische musik. 5/5

metallikid6 responds:

Thanks a lot man. This was originally a pop song if you can believe it. When I redid it, I was going for something a bit darker, but I didn't want to break away from the original feel. I'm quite pleased with the result. I'm glad you like it man!

Lovesong (Metal instrumental) Lovesong (Metal instrumental)

I really liked the distortions on the guitar

What did you use? Boss metal zone?

michellpougnou responds:

Nope, no distorsion pedal but just my amp, a v-ampire lx112, treble and gain at max.
The sound is crunchy and I really like it.

New cover of My Curse (REVIEW) New cover of My Curse (REVIEW)

Not really punk but I kinda liked it!

Seems like an introduction of a progressive rock/progressive metal song, and it reminds a little "Brother Where You Bound" by Supertramp. Even if it's not punk I really enjoyed it, very good!

Uhm... drop C?